Lanza techVentures (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://lanzatechventures.com/ website (the “Site”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Site and the choices you have associated with that data. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- Site: Site is the https://lanzatechventures.com/ website operated by Lanza techVentures.
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Site or from the Site infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User): Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Site and is the subject of Personal Data.
By using this Site, you consent to the collection and use of the information as described here. If we decide to make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the changes on this Site so that you will always know what information we collect, and how we use it.
From time to time, as may be required by applicable law, we may also seek your explicit consent to process certain data and information collected on this website or volunteered by you.
Information Collection and Use
We collect different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Site.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Site.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Personal Information You Provide to Us
We may collect Personal Information from you when you visit the Site. “Personal Information” means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to: a first and last name; e-mail address; a home, postal or other physical address or other contact information; title, occupation, industry, place of employment, or personal interests; and other information necessary to provide a service that you requested. We collect Personal Information from you in the following instances:
- If you fill out the Contact Form, you must provide your name, company, email address, phone number, subject, and message.
- If you contact us via an e-mail hyperlink to ask us a question regarding the Site or our business, we will collect any information contained in the e-mail.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information will generally not be shared, sold, traded, or rented to individuals or other entities (such as direct mail organizations).
We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Lanza techVentures; or (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Lanza techVentures or users of the Site.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Lanza techVentures may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Site, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Lanza techVentures
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. We suggest that you change your passwords often, use passwords that include a combination of letters and numbers, and use a secure browser. Products and services are available which can help give you privacy protection while navigating the Internet. See www.privacyalliance.org/resources/ for an overview of many privacy-related tools. While we do not anticipate breaches in security, if one occurs, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the problem that led to the breach.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. we aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Lanza techVentures relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third-party companies and individuals (“Service Providers”) to facilitate our Site, to provide the Site on our behalf, and/or to assist us in analyzing how our Site is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Site.
Our Site does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites.
For your information, we are located at:
165 University Avenue, Suite 200
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Effective Date: June 7, 2020